- GTM Setup : How to install GTM properly
- Container setup : How to install a JSON container into your Google Tag Manager
- Open Source : Apache V2.0 Licence
- camelCase Variables : Rules about the variables in santiano.io
- Tagging Plans : All the GTM tagging plans in an alphabetic list
- Disclaimer : I am not responsible if you mess your GTM up.
What if Web Analysts would share their best practices to build a shared platform on Google Tag Manager ? santiano.io aims to be the Drupal of web analytics. You can download the software for free, but it is a tool made by and for web analytics professionnals.
// santiano.io is defined in code and // is specifically developped in order to // facilitate its implementation process // All code should be documented in GTM too.
With accurate data tracking, Web marketing specialists have the ability to optimize seriously their campaigns.
Great data means automated reporting, which means more time reading the data than actually compiling it.
santiano.io is Vendor Independant
This means we do not integrate the tags like Google Analytics Wants it (even if we all love what Google does)
- cd1, cd2, cd3, cd4, ... , cd42 , .... Well we should never ask Developers to integrate that into their Website...
- What is this actionField ? is 'id' a productId or an orderId
- Why should my Events in GA only have 3 text variables, I want 5 minimum.
- Did you know that for some vendors with default GA EnhancedEcommerce, productAddToCart and productRemovedFromCart was not Enough ?
We integrate Tags the santiano.io way which helps send tags to any vendors easily
- The Website Talks to GTM with the santiano.io standards
- santiano.io reads what is happening and send the data though GTM to all necessary vendors
- customDimensionNumbers for Google Analytics are never hard coded into a site, their translation is done in santiano.io GTM configuration.
santiano.io is not made for DOM modification
If your dev team is not fast enough, this is your dev team's problem, Not GTM's.
- As adblockers won't load it
- GTM free version has no SLA, Good hosts Have SLA and can deliver high availability hosting.
- Modifying DOM with GTM can break Websites, and will definitly make CTOs not happy at all.
If we want to bring some intelligence and logic to Google Tag Manager, it is necessary to control what is going on with JS. The idea is to maximize the use of variables to simplify readability of code for the GTM professional managing all these tags. The naming structure of all the variables being self explanatory is the key to maintenance on the long run.
Free to use
santiano.io is released under Open Source Licence, which means that you can download it, install it and modify it according to your situation and tracking needs. If you're an agency or freelancer, you can use santiano.io on your projects too, this is actually the point of all this.